Friday, October 4, 2013

Bison Weekend!

Am I ever glad it was last last weekend that we traveled for the NDSU football game and not this one as we are having our first winter storm and parts of South Dakota are actually under a blizzard watch!

This weekend the Bison are getting ready to take on Northern Iowa at the Fargodome. It should be a good game considering our opposing team is ranked number four in the NCAA FCS division. But honestly, I am still thinking about last weekend's 20-0 victory over SDSU and how much fun I had with my dad and sister as we NDSU grads cheered the Bison on in person!
The Thundering Herd prepares to take the field!
My sister Tesa was the master planner behind the whole event. She had wanted to take my dad to a Bison football game and asked if I would want to come along. She was hoping for homecoming tickets but the only tickets she was able to acquire were to the Bison vs Jackrabbits game.

Brookings, South Dakota was a great meeting place as she drove there from Lincoln, Nebraska and me and Dad drove from Bismarck. I must say that because she lives in Lincoln, she is a die-hard Huskers fan but she cheers for the Bison too!

It rained and rained nearly the whole way there and we were all getting very concerned that we would end up sitting in the rain during the whole game. But when we arrived, the rain went away - it was a little chilly and there were some cold gusts of wind but alas during the 4th quarter, when the Bison started playing a lot better, the sun came out in full power and we even ended up getting a sun burn. 
Bison Nation!
Bison fans are on their feet (during the whole game!)
Bison Quarterback leads the team in prayer after each game and even invites the other time to pray with them
I was a little anxious about leaving Faith and Rob overnight but thankfully Michelle was able to help out quite a bit as she was here most of the day Saturday looking after Faith and also part of Sunday. I missed her so much after being away from her for nearly 36 hours!

I had a great time with my dad and sister though - we had lots of fun cheering the Bison on to their fourth victory of the season. I'll be cheering them on from my living room as they continue to win all the way to their 3rd straight national championship! Oh and by the way, "That's another Bison first down!"
Celebrating our win - sunburned faces and all!
Getting ready to leave South Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment